Mangold is the Vice President of Human Resources for Kolter Hospitality, which owns and operates nine hotels across Florida including the Hyatt Place Boca Raton, Hyatt Place Delray Beach and in 2019 the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Delray Beach. Mangold has over 20 years of experience in HR having held various roles as Area Director of Human Resources, Regional Director of Human Resources and Regional Trainer.
- At its annual event held at the Delray Beach Club, what was it like being named the HR professional of the year by the Human Resources Association of Palm Beach County (HRPBC)?
I was filled with nervous excitement and completely surprised to hear my name called. It is an absolute honor to be recognized by my peers for this prestigious recognition.
- Why is this such an exciting time for the HR industry?
HR has evolved from being an administrative function to being an integral part of an organization’s branding, marketing and growth. HR has the ability to influence the culture of a company and the ability to develop and provide opportunities for employees to grow with the company.
- What are the biggest workforce challenges facing South Florida companies?
Ensuring an inclusive work atmosphere and talent management. This includes talent acquisition, talent retention, talent development and talent motivation. As you can imagine the companies with the most talent dominate their industries.
- What are your recommendations for someone looking to get into the HR world?
First discover what your purpose is. It’s not simply about being a people person. Attend a human resource chapter meeting, find an HR mentor and be willing to start in an entry level position. The Human Resources profession allows you to make meaningful change and create a better workplace. It is very rewarding.
- You have been named the President of the HRPBC for 2019-2020- what are your plans for your presidency?
This was truly another honor for me. I plan to serve the profession by providing events that ignite the passion for HR, as well as educate and provide certification credits with SHRM and HRCI. I’m so looking forward to representing such an important and respected organization. I would recommend all HR professionals in Palm Beach County come check out what we are doing at www.hrpbc.org.