Sticking to a paleo diet? Can’t eat gluten? Have food allergies? You can still dine out at Burtons Grill & Bar in Boca Raton.
The new restaurant located at Park Place shopping center, 5580 North Military Trail, features menu items for all types of diets.
The restaurant menu features vegetarian, Paleo and gluten free options, as well as half portions. They will also modify anything to a guest’s needs, wants or liking. Chefs are given freedom to use fresh ingredients and their culinary instincts to create a “Chef’s Whim” menu that showcases their own creations and takes on seasonal dishes.
Burtons Restaurant Group was founded by four restaurant industry professionals in 2005. The Boca location is the 14th Burtons restaurant.
This location will be open for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. The restaurant will have a total seating capacity of 248 indoors, including 173 dining room seats and 31 seats at the bar. An outdoor patio complete with a water feature will accommodate an additional 75 guests at dining tables and a soft-seating area, plus 11 at the bar. A bar fills the center of the space with ample seating.
Winston Guerrero will serve as executive chef. He is a Colombian native who grew up in Central Falls, RI. After serving in the US Marine Corps he attended Johnson & Wales and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts.
He has been a chef for over 21 years, living and cooking in major cities throughout the East coast including the four-star Relais & Chateaux Morrison House in Alexandria VA, the Grand Hyatt New York and the Peninsula in New York City, Relais & Chateaux Seeger’s in Atlanta and Langham Hotel Boston.
Guerrero also received a certification in Pastry Arts from the French Culinary Institute in New York and has served under Chef David Burke at David Burke Town House.
During a recent media tasting, we were given the chance to taste some of the menu items. Ingredients are fresh and dishes are classic. For those who have no idea what a paleo diet is, the paleo friendly steak is as tasty as a non-paleo steak.
Chef Guerrero said he enjoys being able to whip up a meal for customers no matter their dietary restrictions.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – grilled chicken, blue cheese, cheddar and corn tortilla chips.
- General Tso’s Cauliflower – with Thai chili sauce and ginger aioli.
- MAXX Burger – certified Angus beef, American cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato, house-made pickles, Burtons special sauce and crispy onion straws, served on a griddled bun with hand cut French fries.
- Short Rib Grilled Cheese – braised certified Angus beef short rib, pickled onions, maple Sriracha, Vermont cheddar, griddled ciabatta and red wine jus served with hand cut French fries.
Signature entrée specialties
- Mediterranean Chicken Risotto – pan seared chicken, artichoke hearts, roasted tomatoes, spinach, basil, feta, lemon butter sauce and pesto.
- Crab Cakes – super lump blue crab, vegetable coleslaw, fresh cut French fries and mustard sauce.
Prices range from $12.95 to $14.95 for appetizers, $5.95 to $10.95 for soups and salads, $12.95 to $16.95 for sandwiches, $13.95 to $36.95 for entrées and $6 to $10 for desserts. Signature cocktails are priced from $10 to $13 each.
Burtons Grill & Bar hours of operation will be Monday through Thursday, from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday, from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. For reservations or additional information, please visit www.burtonsgrill.com