- The 9th Annual HotWorks.org Boca Raton Fine Art Show returns on Jan. 27 and 28 to Sanborn Square. Check out 135 juried artists during the fire art and craft show. The show is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Oaks at Boca Raton is hosting its 14th Annual Touch a Heart Foundation Charity Event Spa Day on Jan. 29. Spend the day relaxing, shopping, eating and getting spa services like massages, facials, manicures and hair and makeup applications. Guests will enjoy fitness classes, raffles and a silent auction.
- The SYMPHONIA Boca Raton’s Connoisseur Concert Series continues on Jan. 7 at 3 p.m. at the Roberts Theater at Saint Andrew’s School, 3900 Jog Road. The show features guest conductor and violin soloist David Kim.
- The Parkinson’s Foundation of South Palm Beach County is hosting “Rock the Runway,” an evening of fashion and fun at 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 19 at Boca Rio Golf Club. Tickets are $175 per person. To purchase tickets, visit http://parkinson.org/southpalmbeachcounty, call 561- 962-1702 or email Rmilller@parkinson.org.
- Cabaret comes to Lynn University this month when Mabel Mercer Foundation’s Cabaret at Lincoln Center comes to the Live at Lynn series. Five of Manhattan’s leading cabaret shows will be presented on Wednesday nights, once a month through May, in Lynn’s Amarnick-Goldstein Concert Hall. Season tickets are available at $150, with individual concert tickets only $40. The first show is Sidney Myer: Live on Jan. 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Get tickets to Bloodshot at the Mizner Park Cultural Center. The show runs from Jan. 24-Feb. 18. Set in 1957 London, this suspenseful noir mystery follows a photographer who’s been hired to follow and snap pictures of a beautiful showgirl. After witnessing her murder, he shifts to finding her killer, leading him through a labyrinth of suspects, including a suspicious hustler, a nefarious magician, and a saxophone player with something to hide. Tickets are $28-$66.
- Spend the first day of the new year doing “Something Big 2018.” The free, outdoor yoga event presented by Yoga Journey is in its fourth year. Join your neighbors and yoga lovers for a free mega class led by Boca resident and yoga instructor Leslie Glickman with international recording articles DJ Drez and Marti Nikko. The event begins at 11 a.m. on Jan. 1 at Mizner Park Amphitheater. Visit https://www.somethingbig2018.com for more information.
- Want to send your child to a choice school? The application deadline is Jan. 26. There are more than 300 Choice Programs and Career Academies at 117 different Palm Beach County School District schools. Parents can complete the online application at www.palmbeachschools.org/choiceprograms
- The Winter Children’s Fair is headed to Patch Reef Park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Jan. 3. Entrance to the park is free. Ride tickets for $5 per ride or $20 for unlimited rides. The event is geared toward kids ages 2-12. For more information, contact Patch Reef Park Community Center 561-367-7035.
- The city of Boca Raton is hosting Shakespeare in the Park- Hamlet on Jan. 5-7 at Mizner Park Amphitheater. Shakespeare Miami brings Hamlet for its sophomore performance. Director, Colleen Stovall’s take on the 400+ year old play will stick to the script, but will contain some surprises. Be sure to pack a blanket and chairs for this dreamy night of theatre under the stars. On Friday and Saturday the show begins at 8 p.m. and on Sunday at 6 p.m. Doors open an hour before the show.
Get Boca news delivered to your inbox monthly!
Stay current with the Boca beat.