- Louie Bossi’s Ristorante Bar and Pizzeria has expanded to Boca Raton. Check out the 300-seat restaurant at the Hyatt Place Hotel, 100 E. Palmetto Park Road. The restaurant has as a patio, bocce ball court and oak gas burning fireplace.
- The Boca Raton Public Library is hosting staff writer for the Miami Herald and Politifact Florida Amy Sherman to discuss “Fake or Fact: A Politifact Talk” from 7 to 8 p.m. on May 17. Sherman’s talk will address the current issue of “fake news,” as well as how to fact-check Florida and national politicians.Register through the Calendar at bocalibrary.org.
- Boca’s Sugar Sand Park is hosting its “Especially for Kids” event on May 20 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The free event is in its third years and gives kids with special needs and abilities and their families exclusive access to the park “after hours.” You must pre-register to attend.
- Head to Mizner Park Amphitheater on May 19 for the Lotos Music Fest. The event features Boy George, The Romantics, Ace of Base and others. The concert begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are available on ticketmaster. Visit lotosmusicfest.com.
- Councilman Jeremy Rodgers will serve as the city’s deputy mayor. Councilman Scott Singer is still the chair of the CRA. Newly elected councilwoman Andrea O’Rourke will serve as the agency’s vice chair.
- Head to Kendra Scott at Mizner Park on May 6 from 4-7 p.m. for a “Kendra Gives Back Party.” Enjoy sips, sweets and jewels and 20 percent of all proceeds from in-store and phone orders will benefit Special Spaces Boca Raton.
- Blue Moon Mexican Café will be opening its fifth location in Boca Raton at 6897 SW 18th Street. Blue Moon Mexican Café is a small restaurant group that currently has four locations in New Jersey and New York.
- The Faulk Center for Counseling will observe Mental Health Awareness Month with a Butterfly Release and wine and cheese networking event on Thursday, May 11 at 5:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend the event, but donations are appreciated. If you make a $25 donation, you will receive a butterfly tribute card to send in honor or memory of someone.Call 561-483-5300 to RSVP or for more information.
- Catch the Third Annual Lotos 2017 Music Festival with Boy George and other special guests on May 19 at 7 p.m. at Mizner Park Amphitheater. Other performers include The Romantics, Ace of Base, Stevie B, Expose, Katrina of the Waves, Nu Shooz, Farrington + Mann and original members of When in Rome UK. This show is standing room only, aside from the collandade VIP tickets. Chairs and blankets are not permitted for this event. Tickets are on sale at Ticketmaster.
- Sugar Sand Park Community Center will host two special engagements during May, the 3rd annual Especially for Kids Family Event for kids with special needs and abilities and their families on May 20 from 5:30-8:30 p.m., and an exclusive film screening of SWIM TEAM, for older teens and adults on Sunday, May 14 at 1:00 p.m. Both of these events are free, but all attendees must pre-register at least 24 hours beforehand. Register in person at Community Center or online at www.sugarsandpark.org/special-needs-programs, or call 561-347-3900 for more information.
Get Boca news delivered to your inbox monthly!
Stay current with the Boca beat.